Did Budweiser Outshine Itself With its Dwayne Wade Ad?
Budweiser may or may not have done itself a favor by featuring NBA star Dwayne Wade in its latest ad.
Most people have heard of Budweiser before, even if they don’t drink beer.
But more people have not heard of Dwyane Wade if they don’t follow basketball. After watching this profoundly moving ad, though, people may not even remember it was Budweiser behind it.
But they will remember Dwayne Wade.
By the time you’re done crying and wishing you were as awesome as Dwayne Wade, beer will be the last thing on your mind.
Instead, you will examine every opportunity you’ve had to forgive those who disappoint you, love those you’ve never met, and give back as much as you receive as a result of your hard work.
You will reflect on the humility you possess and vow to improve on that.
You will want to track Dwayne Wade down and thank him for these lessons you learned, in this 4 minutes of awesomeness.
But you will have to go back and check, to remind yourself who produced and sponsored the ad.
Thank you, Budweiser, for choosing to use your platform to promote positivity, humility, grace, and inspiration.
Thank you, Dwayne Wade, for reminding us all that each and every one of us has the power to rise above our challenges and the responsibility to help others do the same.
Here are just a few people who are featured in the video whose lives were changed because of Wade’s actions off the court.
- The sister of a victim lost in the Parkland shooting. Joaquin Oliver’s favorite player was Wade, and the NBA superstar wrote the boy’s name on his shoes for a game to honor his memory.
- A woman whose house burned down before Christmas. Wade took them on a shopping spree.
- A man whose life was going down a dark path. Until Wade’s words inspired him to change everything.
- A woman who desperately wanted to go to college, but couldn’t afford it. Until Wade’s organization gave her a full-tuition scholarship.
- Wade’s own mother, Jolinda Wade — who struggled with addiction, went to prison, and turned her life around through the help of her son.
Wade’s mother closes the ad on the eve of Wade’s retirement with a statement that will reverberate for decades to come:
“I am more proud of the man you have become than the basketball player. You are bigger than basketball.”
If you haven’t seen this video yet, watch it now. Right now. It will sear itself into your mind and heart, and inspire you to just, well, do more with your life.
The American Dream is alive and well, and Dwayne Wade is a stellar example of everyone’s ability to achieve it.
Latest posts by Dave Brown (see all)
- What Is The American Dream And How Achievable Is It Today? - August 2, 2019
- Patrick Bet-David – From Refugee to the American Dream - August 1, 2019
- Robert J O’Neill – The Navy SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden - July 1, 2019